Tahoe Donner homes have are a smart investment for primary and secondary homeowners alike. The Tahoe Donner neighborhood is located in the eastern part of Truckee, California. It lies between the town’s Historic Downtown District and the recreational playground at Donner Lake. It’s also less than 20 miles from the pristine shores of Lake Tahoe.
Initially established as a family resort in 1970, the Tahoe Donner neighborhood is now home to more than 6,500 homeowners and 30,000 members. Over time, the resort has expanded to include nearly every recreational amenity imaginable.
Originally, the area consisted of a small sawmill near Trout Creek and an operational railway line that ran from Alder Creek into Tahoe Donner. Jack Kirby, Tahoe Donner’s ambitious developer, envisioned a place where home owners could enjoy all the natural, year-round beauty of this unique Sierra Nevada mountain region. The area is now home to a variety of over gorgeous single-family homes, multi-level apartments, and much more.
Unique Amenities for Tahoe Donner Homes
Tahoe Donner offers a variety of first-class amenities, including Alder Creek Campground, Tahoe Donner Beach Club Marina, Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center, Tahoe Donner Golf Course & Driving Range, hiking trails, bike rentals and guided rides, an aquatics center, a tennis center and fitness gym, a massage studio, day camps and kids’ clubs, The Lodge Restaurant and Pizza on the Hill, event, wedding, and meeting services, a snowplow area, and both cross country ski and downhill ski areas. Residents also enjoy easy access to the private golf course at Coyote Moon. Many of these amenities are available for year round use.
Tahoe Donner Real Estate Facts
- First home built in 1972.
- Property owners association includes more than 6,000 acres
- 3,300 acres of common area
- 1,300 acres interspersed among home sites
- 5,948 residential lots
- As of 1/1/08 5,090 lots developed
2016 Market Report for Tahoe Donner
Single Family Homes:
- 264 Single Family Homes sold in 2016
- Least expensive Home sold: $290,000
- Most expensive Home sold: $1,525,000
- Average sold price: $670,714
- Median sold price: $607,500
- Average Days on Market: 59
- 67 Condos/Townhomes sold in 2016
- Least expensive sold: $71,000
- Most expensive sold: $510,000
- Average sold price: $295,619
- Median sold price: $310,000
- Average Days on Market: 60
- 44 Lots sold in 2016
- Least expensive sold: $75,500
- Most expensive sold: $359,000
- Average sold price: $160,656
- Median sold price: $149,000
- Average Days on Market: 78
Contact me for more information on Tahoe Donner Homes for sale, or any other Lake Tahoe property. ANguyen@DicksonRealty.com | Call/Text Ann at 530-545-3458