The Winter Creek subdivision is a great subdivision comprised of 147 single family homes located on 40 acres in the heart of Truckee. This neighborhood is close to Truckee’s Historic Downtown District and just minutes away from the award-winning slopes at Northstar, California.
The developers for Winter Creek, are GLA Morris Construction, a local company who focuses their projects in the Truckee and Lake Tahoe area. Their mission has always been to provide high quality, life-style oriented living environments that fully integrate with their surrounding mountain landscapes, city landscapes, and existing communities.
Advantages to Purchasing a Home in the Winter Creek Neighborhood:
- A neighborhood playground area. Even though Truckee’s Regional Park is just across the street, within walking distance, a neighborhood playground area is great to have! For a new family moving into this neighborhood, the playground area will provide a safe play area for your children, that is within walking distance of your home. It will allow the children, in the community to form friendships within their own neighborhood, and is a great place for Mom’s to meet other Mom’s and socialize will the kids play!
- A variety of lot sizes. Lots at Winter Creek range from 4,500 to 8,000 square feet and average approximately 5,500 square feet.
- Nearly 13 acres of allocated open space in front of the Winter Creek neighborhood that cannot be built on, and will remain as Open Space.
- The Ponderosa Golf Course is right across the street within walking distance! This golf course is the only publicly owned golf course in Truckee, and is maintained by the Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District (TDRPD). They have the most affordable rates in the area and feature club rentals, cart rentals, chipping and practice greens, driving nets, pro shop and snack bar. The TDRPD also offers lots of classes and events.
- There are a number of different models to choose from. All models are well-designed and ecologically efficient, which is really important these days.
- All of the homes offer open kitchen and great room areas with vaulted ceilings, and front and rear decks.
If you are looking for homes in a newer subdivision with a central location, close to downtown, hiking & biking trails, ski resorts, not far from Lake Tahoe, then Winter Creek will fit that bill.
2016 Market Report for Winter Creek
- 14 Homes sold in 2016 ( 6 new construction homes & 8 resales)
- Least expensive home sold: $565,000
- Most expensive home sold: $795,000
- Average sold price: $652,845
- Median sold price: $634,000
- Average days on market: 82
Contact me for more information on Winter Creek Homes for sale, or any other Lake Tahoe property. ANguyen@DicksonRealty.com | Call/Text Ann at 530-545-3458